Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Botanical Beauty

Any women loves being given a bouquet of flowers. Personally my favourite is just a bunch of one type of flower in the one colour. Simple, classic and clean. Somehow I still always end up with a bunch of Oriental Tiger Lillies. Anyway thats a story for another day.


One fascination I have always had is with botanical illustrations. There is such a whimsical side to them, a part of history, full of colour or delicate strokes of charcoal. They always make me ask, where was the illustration done, what type of artist are they. Is it about art or for scientific purpose.


Maybe next time instead of buying flowers I might just buy a frame to put some of these beautiful botanical illustrations up on my studio wall.






Illustrations from:
Masterpieces of Botanical Illustration by
H.Walter Lack













No comments:

Post a Comment